Carter G. Woodson
What are my yearly costs?
CASH ONLY (NO CHECKS)
NO CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED. CASH OR MONEY ORDER ONLY.
Students taking physical education classes are required to dress out for class in the gymnasium. Students may purchase a school uniform, the same for boys and girls: GRAY T-SHIRT AND BLUE SHORTS. If a student wishes to wear an alternate uniform, his or her teacher will allow the student to wear an alternate uniform. The alternate uniform must meet dress code students. If the student does not have an alternate uniform for the day, a loaner PE uniform will be provided at the beginning of the class. Loaner uniforms must be returned at the end of each class. Proper shoes must be worn for participation. Gym clothes are to be worn during gym class only. A large part of the grade is based on the student’s responsibility to dress out daily. THE COST OF THE UNIFORM IS $13.00 ($6.50 for shirt / $6.50 for shorts). Arrangements for the purchase of student’s uniform will be made with his/her PE teacher.
1. Each year students will be assigned a gym and homeroom locker. Students are required to use
assigned lockers only. Lockers may be searched (if necessary). Lockers are to be used at
designated times only.
2. All students are required to use Carter G. Woodson locks. Students may not share their lockers
or locker combinations. It is the responsibility of the students to keep lockers neat and clean.
3. Lockers for the 7th and 8th grade students are located in the hallways. Lockers for 6th grade only
are located in or near their designated classroom.
4. A lock maintenance fee of $2.00 will be charged for each lock/locker used. If student loses
his/her lock, there will be a replacement charge of $6.00.
5. No student may exchange lockers with another student or move to an empty
locker without the permission of his/her teacher or administrator.
6. Locker arrangements will be explained on the first day of school.
7. Violation of locker procedures may result in the loss of locker privileges.
8. Book bags are to be placed in lockers at the beginning of the day, (before going to breakfast).
You are responsible for the upkeep of both the inside and outside of your locker. Make sure your lock is properly locked. Turn the dial once you have locked the lock. Protect your property since we are not responsible for valuables or money stolen.
Throughout the year, there may be field trips that are financed through student monies. Parents will be notified in advance by a field trip permission form which will need to be signed and monies returned to the school.
At the end of the year, students must return the same textbook they were issued or pay for the replacement of the books, which could range from $10.00 to $60.00.