Title I is a federally funded program designed to help students meet and/or exceed state standards. The three elementary schools and the middle school participate in Title I schoolwide programs with the goal to ensure all students get a high-quality education. Key components of Title I include:
- Needs assessment teams gather information to make data driven decisions related to student performance, ensuring success for all students.
- Schoolwide plans are developed by each school outlining four (4) components to ensure the success of students, parents, and teachers. Plans are posted on the website for review. There is also an annual Title I meeting outlining the components.
- Students are taught by certified and endorsed teachers and if for some reason there is not a teacher that meets the requirements in the classroom, parents are notified after four (4) consecutive weeks.
- Parents have access to school quality profiles which are posted on the website.
- Parents are a vital component in the lives of children. Title I funding is used to support opportunities to increase family engagement.
- Services are coordinated between federal, state, and local funding.
- Each year, parents are afforded the opportunity to review Title I Schoolwide Plans and family engagement policies, to volunteer, and to take part in surveys to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the program.
Hopewell School's Title I Family Engagement Handbook, which further explains components of Title I, can be accessed below, as well as School Title I Plans and Demographic Summaries by selecting the corresponding links.
Please contact your school principal or speak to someone in the school office if you need assistance with language translation of this message. Thanks.
Por favor, póngase en contacto con el Director de su escuela o hablar con alguien en la Oficina de la escuela si usted necesita ayuda con la traducción de este mensaje. Gracias.
The Hopewell City School Board recognizes that the education of each student is a responsibility shared by the school and the student's family. The Hopewell City School Board endorses the parent involvement goals of Title I (20U.S.C. § 6318) and Title III (20U.S.C. § 7012(e) and encourages the regular participation by parents of all children including those eligible for Title I and Limited English Proficiency (LEP) programs in all aspects of those programs. In keeping with these beliefs, it is the intention of the Hopewell City School Board to cultivate and support active parental involvement in student learning.
Below please find the Division Parental Involvement Policy, as well as the parental involvement policies for Dupont Elementary, Harry E. James Elementary, Patrick Copeland Elementary, and Carter G. Woodson Middle School. Also available is the Division's Policy for Parents regarding classroom instruction, coursework, and homework.